The UIB Library and Documentation Service will restart loaning books on 25th May. This service will depend on a series of measures to ensure staff and user safety. Other face-to-face library services such as using consultation and study areas will not yet be available from this date.
The loan service is subject to the following specificities:
- Books will need to be reserved and the request must be made via the libary user's account once the material has been located in the catalogue
- When the library has prepared the books, it will notify the user by e-mail to come and pick them up. They will have three days to do so
- Not all of the UIB collection can be loaned, meaning that a series of documents will not be included in the loan service
- The library will also call in book returns for those items that were on loan during the lockdown period and which will no longer be automatically renewed
- The book loan and return service will be open from 10 am to 2 pm, Monday to Friday.
This entire process shall be carried out strictly in line with the health and safety regulations aimed at containing and avoiding COVID-19 infection. The procedure affects all types of users, without distinction.
For more information, please use the following link: Deman@ la biblioteca respon.
Event date: 15/05/2020
Publication date: 14/05/2020